Summer is almost here, and for many, vacations are soon to follow. What better way to relax than reading good book? We would love to put a free book in your hands that will be a great blessing to you as you read it this summer. As we endeavor to read these books as a church family, we can discuss the truths with one another and encourage each other to live out those truths in our lives. Each member of our church can receive a free book every summer by following three easy steps:
1) Read the recommended book. Each summer the leaders at Crosspointe Community Church will choose a book that we think would be a great help to all who read it. For this summer, the book is A Praying Church by Paul Miller.
For those of you who submitted a reflection last summer, you can get one for free at the Resource Area in the church. If you did not participate last summer, you can purchase this book at the link above or in our Resource Area at the church. You can purchase the book online on your own or from our resource area at church.
2) Write a reflection. After reading the book, simply send us a paragraph about what you found most helpful about the book. This is meant to be an informal reflection on the truths that were contained rather than a “book report.” Writing the review will serve two purposes:
1. It will help you better retain and apply the information you have read.
2. It will serve as the record of you having successfully read the book.
3) Start getting free books! Just turn in your review to your lay elder and you will automatically receive a copy of next year’s book for free. If you read that book, you’ll receive another free book of your choosing next summer. On and on it goes—Free books each year for the edification of the church.
So make sure you pick up the book of your choosing next time you are at church or online, and we hope these good reads are a great blessing to you as you seek to be made more like Christ each day!